Search This Blog

Wednesday, August 27, 2008

Restraint of Power

I was speaking to a Bible study group earlier today about the Passionate, Personal, and Powerful relationship that the Apostles had with Jesus and how we can build that same relationship through the Getting To Know Jesus Bible study lessons.

I recalled that when I was in college working on my Master's degree, one of the professors pointed out that God's greatest attribute is not His POWER, but His restraint of power. It became a very important point for me to remember as I continued to build my life in Him.

As we learn more about Jesus, we tend to grow closer to Him. This gives us power over temptation and sin. We gain the power to restrain the power to sin. We trade the power to sin, and the entrapment and consequences that it brings, for the freedom and hope that we have because Jesus Christ is living in us.

I pray that you will also build the power of Jesus in your life to overcome the temptations to sin and enjoy greater freedom in your walk with Him.

No comments: