Search This Blog

Wednesday, December 8, 2010

I’m Free!

I’m Free!
I wrote a song by that title back in 1990 when going through a crisis in my life.
I have met the enemy and I found out that he was me,
I used to try to blame the other guy.
When I confessed my helplessness, God came in, cleaned up the mess,
Now I can change my life, I will not die.

I’m free, Jesus set me free. I gave Him my addiction and He freed me.
I’m free, Jesus set me free. Now I can change my life, I’ve been set free.

Affliction had a grip on me, I was bound, I was not free.
I did not realize I had to change.
When I did confess my lot, I got the help for which I sought
and now my life is free to rearrange.

I’m free, Jesus set me free. I gave Him my addiction and He freed me.
I’m free, Jesus set me free. Now I can change my life, I’ve been set free.
By Glen M. Copple,
January, 1990
As I was sharing with the guys today, we talked about how when we were baptized into Christ, we were freed from our past. In Romans 6:1-14, Paul writes to tell us that we are no longer slaves to sin. When we were baptized into Christ, we died to sin and it’s power over us. We have been freed from our past sinful behavior to live a life that honors Christ.
That means that we don’t have to engage in those behaviors that enslaved us in the past. We are free to do what is right in God’s eyes. We have the power to say “NO” to temptation. If we are free from sin, then we should no longer want to engage in sinful behavior. Instead, use your life to reflect Christ in all you say and do.
Free yourself from your past and let God’s love, mercy and grace free you from all of the sin of your past.




No comments: